Friday, March 12, 2010

Sheer Fun!!!!!  Sunny or Grey my kids love to swing! They take after my Mom in that area- I have memories of her checking her watch as we were on our way somewhere, seeing she had a few minutes to spare, she pulls into a tiny park with a swing set. "Mom?" I said. "What are we doing here?"
She answered me with a twinkle in her eye, " I just wanted to swing for a bit."   And swing we did. I saw another side to my mother that day. Looking back it all makes perfect sense, As the mother of 6 kids- Fun was sure to ensue! I later found out she wanted green nail polish and a toe ring for her 40th Birthday- This was the most outrageous request! MOMs just didn't do that! But oh that was only the beginning, I soon realized her extreme creativity had been itching to be released!
I love you Mom : )

1 comment:

  1. A girl after my own heart!! That photo truly DOES look like sheer joy!! Yes, I LOVE a good swing - takes me back to my own childhood when I would awake before everyone else (in our 15-member family!)very early on glorious summer days and slip outside to our swing-set. I would begin to swing and swing as I faced the east and watch the sunrise over the Green Giant field next to our country farm home. Some years the field was planted high with corn and other years with delicious, sweet peas (that were great to snack on right off the plant!)There's nothing like a 'good swinging session' in MY book!

    I love your blog, Blü - keep up the awesome creativity God planted deep within you. You have a great way of pulling it out with all different mediums!
    Love, Mom (a.k.a. - Hot Tamale or Chocolate Mama!)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online